Here are some resources where you can find out more about the things that we discussed in the workshop:
Learning Resources if You Want to Go Deeper
go to site Poynter News University – There are a load of free courses at NewsU (you don’t need to use the paid ones). They cover a whole range of journalism topics. Most of them go into more depth than you will need for your project, but they are useful. Here are some of my favourites:
- Solutions Journalism
- Copyright and Fair Usage
- Interviewing Skills
- Ethics of Journalism
- Journalism Fundamentals
- Free press
Framing your story – sample documentaries
Documentaries about how to introduce the narrator voice available on Youtube:
Short Documentaries on Migration
- follow The http://resortlikenoother.net/about-us Economist. Britain’s anti-immigration heartland.
- Channel 4. On the streets with far-right extremists Britain First.
- Channel 4. Immigration: how do British views differ?
Documentaries on Brexit
- Jawaab. Young people on Brexit, Racism and Politics
- The Huffington Post UK. These young people voted for Brexit
- London Real. BREXIT LET YOUNG PEOPLE DOWN – Professor David Nutt on London Real
- Youth and Brexit: Young people in a changing Europe: British youth and Brexit 2016
Avoid unbalanced opinionated framings.
Ethical Journalism and Language for Migration
- Public perception of A8 migrants: the discourse of the media and its impacts
- Migration in the news
- A decade of immigration in the British press
- Key migration terms
- European Migration Crisis and the Media: Preliminary findings – slides and audio
- Migration: Global Report on Journalism’s Biggest Test in 2015